Insurance Scouts, LLC Blog: condo insurance
View the latest blog posts from Insurance Scouts, LLC.
Monday, September 10, 2018 It's the time of year again to make the final preparations for winter. Angelo's Stove & Chimney scheduled and cleaned my home's chimney last week. Have you ever seen a chimney fire? Take one look and you'll want to do anything possible to prevent it. READ MORE >>
Friday, September 15, 2017
Carbon Monoxide poisoning occurs most often during the winter months. This is because during the cold months we frequently use furnaces, water heaters, stoves, and gas fireplaces. Some precautions you can take to avoid carbon monoxide poising are to have fuel-burning appliances inspected for le... READ MORE >>
Friday, December 4, 2015Unfortunately we have had a couple of incidents in Mono County over the last week, involving hot ashes catching structures on fire. To dispose properly of ashes, I use a metal can that I purchased at Home Lumber Company in Bishop. Every 7-10 days our wood stove needs to be cleaned out. READ MORE >>
Friday, January 6, 2012Christmas Tree Fires account for approximatly 16 fatalities and over 16 millon dollars of property damage. READ MORE >>