Your Insurance Scouts Agency Team members are working remotely to serve and protect you.
Here are 5 easy ways to reach us:
Email's: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your experience with us may be a little different in this time of uncertainty is greatly appreciated.
Although out physical office is closed, our team remains 100% committed to serving you.
At Insurance Scouts Insurance Agency, we are committed to assisting our community with what we know during this difficult time. We thought is may be of benefit to answer three of the most asked questions over the last week.
• We are starting a Delivery service: Do I need a separate Business Auto Policy? Are my employees okay to use their car to delivery?
• Premium Payment Concerns: Is there any way to defer my payments? Do I need to cancel my policies and start them up again when I re-open? Can I pause my policy?
• Potential Business Interruption: What is it and do I have it? What are the authorities doing to address this?
• Hired and Non Owned auto is a type of coverage that is placed on your Business Liability Policy. It provides liability coverage for bodily injuries or property damage that you or your employees cause while driving for work. This protection applies to vehicles you “hire” (like a rental car) or vehicles your business doesn’t own (like employees' personal vehicles). Call your Agent to see if you have this coverage on your current policy. If you do not, carriers have been allowing current policy endorsements and are typically made within a couple of days.
• Department of Insurance, Commissioner Lara issued a notice requesting that all insurance companies provide their policyholders with at least a 60-day grace period to pay insurance premiums. The Commissioner made the request to ensure policies are not cancelled for nonpayment of premium due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. The Commissioner’s Notice is directed to all admitted and non-admitted insurance companies that provide any insurance coverage in California including, life, health, auto, property, casualty, and other types of insurance. Please reach out to your Agent and/or Insurance Company to see all of your specific options.
• What is Business Interruption Coverage
Business Interruption Insurance is insurance that covers a policyholder’s loss of business income sustained by the policyholder due to a necessary suspension of the business operations. The suspension of business operations ordinarily must be caused by direct physical loss of or damage to property at the insured location, and the loss or damage must be caused by or result from a cause of loss or peril covered by the applicable policy. Commissioner Lara is working with Governor Newsom’s Administration, federal authorities, and state insurance commissioners through the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) on solutions to help businesses who are losing income due to government directives and business closures as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
At Insurance Scouts Insurance Agency, our biggest encouragement is to not allow your current policy to cancel. There are ways to update your policy so be sure to talk with your Agent/Insurance Carrier and do not be discouraged to file a claim if you feel you have been affected. As your Agent, we are here to assist with questions, potential claims as well as work with your Insurance Company being your advocate.
My spouse Rachele Jaegers- runs an amazing business VFit Studio. We are grateful to be able to given over 2,000 free passes until 4/12/20. If you need to exercise we have over 100 live virtual classes per week. We have added fitness classes, education, and interactive classes for children. Please claim your pass below or share this with someone in need- one of our sayings has always been; "Sweat the Crazies Out" this seems to apply now.
We encourage all our partners to: "Don't go through this adversity, grow through this adversity." If you would like to discuss and strategize about your business- let's discuss I'm committed to your success.
Take Care- Brian Jaegers