Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Homeowners insurance is complicated, and it's even harder to figure out in the Eastern Sierra where our landscape and environment make things a bit trickier. I've lived in the Eastern Sierra for most of my life, and I love connecting Eastern Sierra residents with the best insurance policies for them. We always operate under the Golden Rule: if we wouldn't want something as part of our insurance policy, we won't offer it to you.
What is homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it. Homeowners insurance is a package policy, meaning it covers damage to your property as well as your liability/legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or your family causes to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions, namely damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You'll have to buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage, but we can set you up with policies for those as well. Maintenance-related problems are your responsibility as a homeowner.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. Chances are your home is one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you're a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you're still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
Homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. When we get started, we can discuss what's covered and we can show you how to read your policy to know what's included and what's not.
What questions should you think about?
We'll be your advocate and ally finding the insurance plan that best fits your needs. Here are a few things we discuss with new customers:
- How much will it cost to rebuild your house and replace your belongings if they're damaged or destroyed? We can talk about your home's features and what you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.
- Does the insurance company you choose have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? We'll discuss multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? We'll talk about who to call and what happens after you file a claim.
Why choose an independent agent?
Independent insurance agents offer more insurance options with more variety in pricing for customers. Since we work with many different companies, we can usually help you fill all your insurance needs without having to use different agents. We also take the time to figure out what you need and connect you with the best insurance policy. We don't believe in a one-size-fits-all approach with insurance.