General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Information
What is general liability insurance?
If you have a personal umbrella liability policy, there's generally an exclusion for business-related liability. General liability insurance pays losses arising from real or alleged bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on your business premises or arising from your operations. Hartford liability programs in particular extend far beyond the provisions of typical policies with broadened coverage and increased limits in over 30 areas.
Why do you need general liability insurance in Mammoth Lakes or Bishop?
Unfortunately for every business owner, the chances of getting sued have dramatically increased in recent years. General liability insurance can prevent a legal suit from turning into a financial disaster by providing financial protection in case your business is ever sued or held legally responsible for some injury or damage.
What does general liability insurance typically protect against?
- Bodily Injury, including the cost of care, the loss of services, and the restitution for any death that results from injury
- Property Damage coverage for the physical damage to property of others or the loss of use of that property
- Products-Completed Operations provides liability protection (damages and legal expenses up to your policy's limit) if an injury ever resulted from something your company made or service your company provided
- Products Liability is a more specialized product liability insurance that protects your company against lawsuits from product-related injury or accidents
- Contractual Liability extends to any liability you may assume by entering into a variety of contracts
- Other coverage includes: Reasonable Use of Force; Borrowed Equipment; Liquor Liability; Non-Owned Vehicles (such as aircraft and watercraft); Fire, Lightning or Explosion Damage; Water Damage Liability Protection; Legal Defense Costs; Medical Payments; Personal Injury; Advertising Injury; and specialized liability protection for specific business types
Why choose an independent agent?
Independent insurance agents offer more insurance options with more variety in pricing for customers. Since we work with many different companies, we can usually help you fill all your insurance needs without having to use different agents. We also take the time to figure out what you need and connect you with the best insurance policy. We don't believe in one-size-fits-all with insurance.