Hotel Insurance Information
Whether you run a hotel, motel, inn or resort in Mammoth Lakes, Bishop, or elsewhere in California, you need insurance tailored to the specific risks faced by you, your guests and their visitors. Hotel insurance can be sold as separate commercial insurance liability and property policies or, from some companies, as a bundled product geared toward your specialized needs.
What is hotel liability insurance?
Hospitality professionals need a specialized liability insurance policy. Hospitality errors and omissions (E&O) insurance can help pay to defend you against lawsuits brought up by guests as a result of an error or omission in taking, recording or fulfilling reservations, event planning and so on. The policy also generally pays for claims awarded (up to limits) except when due to willful negligence.
What does hotel liability insurance include?
It varies based on your specific property and needs, but it may include:
- Liquor liability
- Liability for services offered
- General liability (which includes coverage for the loss or theft of guest property)
- Employment liability
- Workers compensation
What is hotel property insurance?
A properly designed property insurance policy not only covers the building, units and contents of your buildings, but it can also provide protection for damages due to bed bugs. Hotel owners can get additional coverage through these policies for:
- Automobile insurance for vehicles owned by the hotel or driven on its behalf
- Business continuation insurance to help replace income that’s lost when the hotel is unable to operate due to the occurrence of a covered hazard
- Equipment breakdown insurance, which can help pay the costs to repair or replace equipment that has broken down for reasons other than neglect
Bed and breakfasts might have more specialized needs, so if you're in that category, give me a call to talk.
Why choose an independent agent?
Independent insurance agents offer more insurance options with more variety in pricing for customers. Since we work with many different companies, we can usually help you fill all your insurance needs without having to use different agents. We also take the time to figure out what you need and connect you with the best insurance policy. We don't believe in one-size-fits-all with insurance.